Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Scallop Circle Card

Here's another one we'll be making at the Stamp-a-Stack on Sunday.

 
I cut out the card and strips of card stock with the Scallop Circle die and my Big Shot.  The animals are colored with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an Aquapainter.  I am well aware that the white part with the animals looks awful!  I dabbed some Sahara Sand ink around the white part, but it went terribly wrong :)  The truth of the matter is that I put the entire card together and the white seemed too stark, and I realized that I should have dabbed a little bit of Sahara Sand ink around the edges.  I tried to do that, but it definitely should have happened before adhering the white to the card.  And I just didn't have time to make another one.

The stamp set is Picnic Parade, a hostess set in the Occasions Mini catalog.  I decided to get the clear mount set rather than the wood set.  I still love the wood mount stamps best, but I definitely like the clear mount ones a lot more than I thought I would.  It's nice to be able to see exactly where I'm stamping the images.  If you'd like to try them out, give me a call...I'm happy to have you come over and play with my stamps before you buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment